How to get into Wilfrid Laurier | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - April 5th, 2022
Written by Fernanda Munoz and Arry Pandher
Want to get into Wilfrid Laurier? Keep reading!
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Brantford and Milton, Ontario, Canada. This university offers experiential learning as their primary way of teaching, which allows their students to reflect on what they learn in the classroom connect it to meaningful experiences in other learning environments. From award-winning athletics and recreation programs to keep you active, to all the academic support and health and wellness services to help you thrive, they believe in helping their students develop to achieve their personal and professional goals.
The university offers undergraduate and graduates programs in a variety of fields, with over 15,000 full-time undergraduate students, over 1000 full‑time grad students and nearly 4,000 part-time students as of Fall 2019.
- Ranked #1 in “student career services” (CERIC), the highest score among Canadian postsecondary institutions with the most impressive career services models in Canada.
- 97.5%: of 2019 graduates have secured employment or undertook postgraduate studies after graduation
- #1: national ranking in “student life staff” and “administrative staff” (2020, 2019, 2018, Maclean’s)
- Laurier has the oldest business cooperative education (“co-op”) program in English-speaking Canada and the largest business co-op program in Canada. Students are able to enjoy co-op opportunities with dozens of companies, including KPMG, Ernst and Young, PepsiCo, Scotiabank, Unilever, and Manulife Financial.
Wilfrid Laurier University’s Stand Out Programs
- The six most popular majors at Laurier, across the entire university, were (in order): Business, Communications Studies, Psychology, Criminology, Economics, and Biology.
- The internationally renowned Faculty of Music at Laurier is considered one of the best in the country.
- Their stand-out programs include Business Administration, Game Design and Development, and Law and Arts.
How to Get into Wilfrid Laurier – General Admission Requirements
Wilfrid Laurier University has more than 80 inspiring undergraduate programs to choose from. Make sure to view their programs to learn about career opportunities, sample courses, research opportunities and more. To be admissible to Laurier, you must meet both the basic requirements for admission and your program’s specific admission requirements.
Basic Admission Requirements for Ontario high school curriculum
- Admission is based on your top six 4U and 4M courses. For some programs, your required courses are calculated in your admission average
- A 4U English at a minimum of 60%
- All required courses listed in your program’s admission requirements must be at a minimum of 60%
- To maintain your offer of admission and begin studying at Laurier, you must obtain your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
Admission Requirements for other Canadian curriculums
- You must have taken at least five academic courses at the Grade 12 level, with a minimum of 60% for each course.
- Make sure to check this list to view the specific requirements depending on your province.
- If you are taking the IB, you should get a minimum overall score of 24, pass at least six subjects, three of which must be HL
- For an American diploma, you would need six Advanced Placement (AP) or senior level courses, and they fulfill the specific requirements of your program.
- For other diplomas, make sure to check this page for more details.
English Proficiency Requirement
If you have not studied for three or more years in an English curriculum, you must provide evidence of your English proficiency. Make sure to check the following table for details.
Degree Specific Requirement
At Laurier, you must check the requirements of each program to guarantee you send a competitive application. Once you pick the program you want to apply to, make sure to check their requirement before you start your application process!
Need More Support to get into Wilfrid Laurier University?
Now that you know how to get into Wilfrid Laurier, here’s a tip! GrantMe has admitted countless students into their dream schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into York, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify.
Join The GrantMe Program