When does York Send Acceptances? | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - January 5th, 2022
Written by Fernanda Munoz
If you’ve applied to York University, you’re probably wondering “When does York send acceptances?”. It is normal to feel anxious or nervous while waiting, we hope a bit of extra information will help you feel calmer.
If you’re wondering how to apply to York, check out our guide here!
When does York send acceptances?
York University has different timelessness when it comes to accepting its students. For Ontario, high school students, York will make its decision between February and June, this date will vary depending on when the student’s grades are provided and updated from OUAC.
For other Canadian and International high school students, York will take within 4-8 weeks after you submit your application.
It is important to remember that these timelines will depend on when you submit a FULL application and after you pay the application fees.
What to do while you wait?
As you are waiting for your acceptance, there are a couple of steps to follow:
- After you apply, it will take you 4-5 days to receive a confirmation email with an active MyFile number. This email will contain further instructions on how to log into your account. Make sure to create your account as soon as your receive this email.
- Check your application status and submit any extra documents that you haven’t submitted yet.
- On your MyFIle account, verify that York received all of the documents needed to process your application.
- Fill out an application for scholarships and/or financial aid on this same account.
- Send and verify your student housing application
Other good ideas include going on a Campus tour to York to start learning more about the School, attending webinars that talk specifically about your program or talking to students who are already attending York University.
How will you receive your acceptance?
The Office of Admissions sends official communication about application and admission decisions via email. It is important that you open, read and take action (if required) upon receipt of an email. You will receive your acceptance as an email and then you will be able to view the details on your MyFile account.
How to accept your offer?
Congratulations! You applied and you’ve been given an offer of admission. Now secure the offer and make your dream a reality! Now you will need to:
- Accept your offer of admission on MyFile!
- Make sure that you meet the admission conditions (if any) outlined in your offer of admission letter. Remember that the school might withdraw their admission if you do not maintain your average, do not confirm your acceptance by the deadline stated on your admission letter, or if you do not book your enrolment appointment by the deadline stated in your Offer of Admission letter.
- Manage and complete your course selection: For all new undergraduate students at York, participation in enrolment/course selection support means you will: Get help picking your courses and planning your academic schedule, find out what transfer credit you’re eligible for, learn how to enrol in courses, find out how and when to pay your tuition fees.
- Make sure to apply for residence
- Explore your funding option and apply for financial assistance
- Get ready for your first year!!
What if your admission was denied?
Before giving up, try to understand why your admission might have been denied. Go through your application once more and check what might have been missing or if there were any documents that didn’t upload properly.
Student Recruitment & Admissions provides an opportunity for applicants to tell the university about any extenuating circumstances that may have affected their academic performance. To ask for clarification or exemption, your can contact [email protected]
How to ensure admission into York University
Now that we’ve answered your question (“When does York send acceptances?”) and you’re still feeling overwhelmed about the admissions process, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program