Exchange at UofC
Arry Pandher - August 9th, 2022
The University of Calgary offers a unique opportunity for students to broaden their horizons and gain international experience through its exchange program. With partnerships in place with universities all over the world, students can choose to study abroad for a term or a full year. Not only does this provide an opportunity to learn about new cultures and societies, but it also gives students a chance to improve their language skills and develop greater independence. Exchange at UofC provides an invaluable opportunity for personal and academic development.
Exchange at UofC
UofC offers students the opportunity to participate in an exchange program with one of their many partner universities. This is a great way for students to get an international experience without having to pay the high tuition fees of a foreign university. In addition, students can continue to receive financial aid and scholarships while on exchange. The program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, and there is a wide variety of courses that can be taken.
- Take unique classes not offered at UCalgary and earn credits towards your major/minor/options
- Have a diverse education and benefit from various styles of instruction
- Reignite your passion for learning and get hands-on educational experiences like our academic research programs abroad
- Supplement your learning with hybrid learning & internship opportunities.
- Study in a global hub for your field – many programs and partners offer top-ranked instruction in a variety of fields. Network into or research Master’s programs abroad.
- 90% of study abroad alumni got into their 1st or 2nd choice grad school.
- Improve your GPA – study abroad alumni saw their GPA increase twice as quickly as a result of studying abroad vs their peers.
- Combine study time with the opportunity to travel – combined costs are reduced versus doing both independently of each other.
How Do You Apply?
To apply for exchange at UofC, you should first watch the Global Learning 101 playlist for all the information you need to get started! It covers the benefits of global learning, explains the terminology used to talk about different types of programs, discusses some common myths, and walks you through the application process.
Then, use the Program Finder to browse the wide range of programs available and filter by options such as your field of study, desired location, language, and more. Make sure to go over the program pages carefully! Some programs may have scheduled Information Sessions that interested applications are encouraged (or may even be required) to attend. If available, this will be noted near the top of the program page.
Finally, near the bottom of each program page, the Global Learning Advisor for each program is identified with a link to their contact details
UofC strongly recommends meeting with a global learning advisor to help narrow down your options, clarify program details, and support you with any questions about your eligibility to apply.
Then, meet with your Academic Advisor to talk about where you’re at in your degree, and how your preferred program will fit into your studies. Then, when the program(s) you’re interested in open for applications, you can go ahead and apply! Just make sure that you have consulted the program page for application deadlines and any eligibility requirements you need to be aware of.
For more details on how to apply for exchange at UofC, check out their website!
Looking For Support in Getting Into Your Program?
To access in-depth coaching and guidance on your writing, check out the GrantMe platform! Our trained essay editors know exactly what UofC admission selection committees look for and can help you draft a winning application. We also provide personalized scholarship matches, essay editing, and student mentorship from past winners to maximize your success. Complete our short scholarship eligibility quiz to learn more about how GrantMe can help you achieve your post-secondary goals.
Join The GrantMe Program