How to Apply to UVIC | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - May 30th, 2022
The University of Victoria is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities! For an in-depth look on how to apply to UVic, keep reading!
The University of Victoria offers over 100 degrees, certificates and diplomas for students straight out of high school or transferring from other post-secondary institutions, as well as over 160 graduate programs, with a reputation for quality and innovation that’s respected around the world.
With so many options, you’re sure to find the right fit at UVic! Eager to apply? Well, we’re going to show you how!
Before you start applying to UVic, you first have to become familiar with their eligibility requirements. For that, you can check out the first part of the UVic Ultimate University Guide: “How to get into UVic“.
Platforms You Can Use to Apply:
To apply to UVic, you can either apply directly through the UVic application site, or you can make an account with EducationPlannerBC; a university application portal that allows you to apply to multiple post-secondary schools in BC at once! This comes in handy if you are looking at applying to more than one university!
EducationPlannerBc will ask you to fill out the following:
- Date of Birth
- Primary Language
- Country of Citizenship
- Visa status
- Primary mailing address
- Primary telephone number
- Emergency contact number
- Names of institutions (high school or university) most recently completed or aim to complete.
After you’ve completed these 3 sections, it’s time to select UVic, and apply!
There are three easy steps to follow when applying to UVic!
- Choose your program!
The first step to applying is to choose a program to apply for! You can explore the programs at UVIC through the search engine on their website. You can find the programs you’re most interested in using the Keyword search, or by sorting through your Interest, Program, or Faculty.
For instance, there are ten Faculties to choose from at UVIC:
- Continuing Studies
- Engineering/Computer Science
- Fine Arts
- Human and Social Development
- Social Sciences
You’ll need to meet the admission requirements for the faculty and the program you choose when applying — this will vary depending on the program path you take. After you become a UVic student, you’ll be able to change your faculty or program if you want to, and you will benefit from an academic adviser who can help you find your way!
- NOTE: Before you choose a program, make sure you meet the minimum admission and language requirements for the program you’ve selected. You will find the admission requirements on the individual program pages.
If looking over all the program choices is too overwhelming, and if you’re not ready to pick a program right away, then you can apply to the Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Social Sciences and choose “Area Undecided” as your field of study!
This way, you’ll start at UVic in a general first year with flexibility in what classes you take, and can declare your program after you’ve had time to explore your options and decide on your path!
Once you find a program within these Faculties that interests you, you can move on to the next step of the application process.
- Submit your application
Depending on the entry time for your studies, you’ll want to keep these dates in mind:
- If you plan on entering UVic in September: You must submit your online application by January 31st. All undergraduate programs are available for September entry!
- If you plan on entering UVic in January: Applications open in the Summer months, and in September.
- If you plan on entering UVic for the Summer: you must submit an online application by March 31st.
Application fees and Confirmation
When you submit your application, you will be charged an application fee. Your application will not be processed until this payment has been received!
- The application fee will be $79.25 if your transcript comes from an institution within Canada, or $137.00 if your transcript comes from an institution outside Canada.
After you submit your application, you’ll receive two emails from UVic:
- A confirmation email that includes your UVic student number.
- An introductory email from your admission assistant with their contact information.
Once you receive the introductory email you will receive access to the application portal to see the status of your application and a checklist of tasks that you need to complete!
- Submit your Interim Grades (and Start Applying for UVIC Scholarships!)
Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll need to provide UVic with your grades.
- If you’re a current grade 12 student at a Canadian high school (including offshore and IB schools), you must self-report your interim/final grade 11 and 12 marks or predicted IB grades through your UVic application.
- Self-reporting opens on February 15 and closes on March 15. You will only be able to access the self-reporting section of your application after you receive your introductory email from your admission assistant. You can only self-report your grades once. Make sure to wait until you know your midterm grades or feel you can provide a reasonable estimate of the final grades you will achieve!
- If you’re studying at an international high school, upload your in-progress transcript showing your grades and/or predicted IB scores to your application.
- If you’re studying at a college or university, upload your interim grades and/or predicted exam results to your UVic application.
Also, after you’ve sent in your application and have received access to the application portal, you can start applying to UVIC scholarships to help pay off your tuition!
You can calculate your tuition costs for the program you want to get into at UVic by using their Tuition Estimation Tool. It will give you a basic estimate for UVic students enrolled in full-time studies.
- For example, here is an estimate for how much tuition costs for a Canadian student or permanent resident in an Undergraduate Business program at UVIC!
This estimate is used to give students, parents, and/or sponsors an approximation of the tuition and ancillary fees that will be due. Please note that this estimate does not include housing, food, cost of books and supplies or other expenses that students can expect to occur in a term!
Want to Secure Your Spot At UVic?
If you’re feeling anxious about the admissions process and would like to know how to apply to UVic with unlimited support, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program