SFU Economics: Overview
Arry Pandher - March 28th, 2022
Written By Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran
Ranked as Canada’s no. 1 comprehensive university and has consistently stayed as one of the top 3 economic departments, Simon Fraser University has shown the populace that it has delivered its mission to invest in student services and resources. Studying at SFU’s economics program will help you develop skills necessary for the economic field and effectively communicate your ideas!
After studying for approximately four years (full-time), you will be able to earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree. Additionally, students may choose to complete a concentration in Economic Data Analysis.
For more information, here are the program options:
- MAJOR (BACHELOR OF ARTS)
- JOINT MAJOR
- JOINT HONOURS
- MINOR – ECONOMICS
- MINOR – SOCIAL DATA ANALYTICS
- EXTENDED MINOR
- POST BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA
Students will also be taught in classes such as PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS, ECONOMICS AND GOVERNMENT, PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS, and more! With SFU’s world-class education that extends well beyond the classroom, they will equip students with the necessary knowledge to get a head start on their career!
Economics Student Society (ESS)
SFU has a student-run education that represents all students in the Department of Economics, helping you create connections through their bi-weekly events, seminars, and workshops!
SFU Economics Requirements
To apply for admission, you must meet the general and program-specific requirements:
- English language requirement
- Quantitative and analytical skills requirement
- A minimum of five approved Grade 12 courses for your program, including English Studies 12 (min 70%) or equivalent. Note: Approved courses may vary per program and province. A separate requirement is also provided for students in the International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement program.
- Proof of name
- Proof of residency and citizenship
- Proof of English language skill
- Proof of quantitative and analytical skills
- Official Transcript
- Application fee
Worried About Student Debt?
Look no further, we’re here to help! GrantMe’s financial support has helped countless students in the form of scholarships and other student services, allowing them to attend graduate without incurring a mighty student debt in the trail of their career!
Take the first step with this quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program