Trent Environmental Sciences: Overview
Arry Pandher - January 11th, 2022
Written by Shem Semblante and Matthew Tran
There is no better place to study the environment than at Trent Environmental Sciences, one of Canada’s top 20 environmental science programs! In the Trent Environmental Sciences program, you can chart your own course as an environmental leader with 140 course options to choose from.
More than studying about nature, Trent’s B.E.S.S. degree offers you a holistic understanding of the environment, bringing together topics in science and the arts to solve key environmental issues. You’ll learn about water, air, soil, ecosystems, as well as the relationships between the environment and policy, planning, and human interactions. You’ll also gain an understanding of how humans experience the environment, as well as contemporary environmental issues, to help shape an environmentally sustainable future.
Best part? You can further specialize in the Trent Environmental Science program through their Climate Change Science and Policy program to deepen your knowledge and understanding on the subtleties and great details that form our environment!
Trent Environmental Sciences Location:
- Peterborough, Ontario
The Trent Environmental Sciences Program
Personal, purposeful, and transformative. These are the three key terms to describe your future experience at Trent. For 11 years straight, Trent has been Ontario’s #1 university so you know you’ll get your money and time’s worth once you’re enrolled here!
In particular, in the Trent Environmental Sciences program, you will get to experience the following practical, educational experiences!
🌍 Resume Boosters:
- Conduct hands-on research in state- of-the-art labs and Trent’s extensive on-campus “living laboratory”
- Minimum entrance and performance requirements challenge you to maintain a high standard of academic performance
- Apply your learning through a hands-on field course, capstone or community- based research project such as exploring sustainable development along waterways or environmental restoration of forests and lakes
- Hone your presentation skills as you compete to present your research and real-world solutions through global competitions like Map the System, or on campus through the interdisciplinary 3-Minute Paper competition
- Work alongside leading faculty, including three Canada Research Chairs focused on environmental issues, as you write and defend an undergraduate honours thesis
Know more of what you will learn and study in the Trent Environmental Sciences through the list of courses here!
To become a part of this program means opening up your horizons to multiple career opportunities:
- Environment Protection Officer
- Environmental Risk Assessor
- Policy Advisor
- Urban and Regional Planner
All of which will lead you to the fulfillment of your goals for the environment!
Trent Environmental Sciences How to Apply
Admission requirements vary on a number of factors. But whether you graduated from outside of Ontario or outside Canada for that matter, you have a place at Trent! Here, let’s look at what the requirements would look to a Canadian student who graduated from an Ontario secondary school:
Trent Environmental Sciences Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified below)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
Environmental Sciences Program Requirements:
- 75% overall average
Trent Environmental Sciences Tuition and Fees
Like the admission requirements, your tuition fees also vary! You can check out the full details on this page!
Worried about where to get funds and how to prepare for the Trent Environmental Sciences program? Good thing you’re at GrantMe right now! Take this FREE GrantMe quiz to determine how much funding you will be eligible for! With GrantMe, you will be supported in your application process in scholarships, bursaries, admissions and more. This is the best time to start planning and shaping your debt-free future!
Join The GrantMe Program