Where is Toronto Metropolitan University? | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - March 4th, 2022
Written by Arry Pandher and Shem Albert Semblante
If you’ve applied to Toronto Metropolitan University, and are now wondering “Where is Toronto Metropolitan University?”, keep reading!
The prospect of going to school, especially if it is far from you, is fun, nerve-wracking, and exciting. After all, this is literally the start of your journey! Now that you have decided to study at Toronto Metropolitan University, make sure to check out the parks, theatres, and other attractive sites to get the best Toronto Metropolitan University experience!
Toronto Metropolitan University is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The university’s core campus is situated within the Garden District, although it also operates facilities elsewhere in downtown Toronto! If studying in Toronto sounds exciting, continue reading!
The Toronto Metropolitan University Tour
There are many destinations, which will cater to your unique taste and preference. The best part? They’re all within walking (and considerable) distance from Toronto Metropolitan University!
If you love an all-around destination, check out
- Kensington Market. You can dine and wine in one store and have your computer fixed just in time for your finals!
- Eaton Centre. It’s got everything you need! Just make sure to bring your vaccination card when visiting!
If you want to gain some clear headspace, go to
- The Maple Gardens
- Allan Gardens Conservatory Who knows! You might be inspired to write the next best-selling novel or a Nobel Prize-winning discovery!
If you fancy more insight about arts and history, head to the
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario The masters’ works might just strike a new idea in you!
If you love to see performances in your free time, book a ticket and make your reservations at
- The Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre Centre
- Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre Make your dinner more fun and lively with these fun performances!
If you just want to chill and hang out with friends, these will work for you!
- Berczy Park
- Grange Park
- High Park The High Park is a bit too far from the first two, but the cherry blossoms in full bloom will be worth the one-hour-and-forty-minute travel!
Where is Toronto Metropolitan University and How to get to Toronto Metropolitan University
Toronto Metropolitan University’s campus is situated between two known landmarks—College and Dundas station on the Yonge-University-Spadina TTC Subway line—so if travelling by subway, you can exit either subway station to find Toronto Metropolitan University.
If you are travelling through a subway, bus, etc., check the Toronto Transit Commission’s (TTC) online trip planner now, and plan your commute to Toronto Metropolitan University! You will get helpful instructions along the way, as Google Maps will incorporate TTC schedules in their directions!
If you are travelling from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Toronto Metropolitan University, look out for the following:
- 192 Airport Rocket Bus This is operated by the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) and runs direct, non-stop service from Terminals 1 and 3 at the Pearson Airport to Kipling subway station. From the Kipling subway station, you can take the subway eastbound to Yonge station and transfer southbound to the Dundas station which is just a 5-minute walk from the Toronto Metropolitan University campus.
- UP Express Train Union Pearson Express train station is located in Terminal 1, directly adjacent to the Link Train service linking Terminals 1 and 3. You will be able to get to downtown Union Station in 25 minutes. For more information, visit the UP Express website. Once you reach Union Station, you can either take a taxi to Toronto Metropolitan University or take the subway to Dundas station.
- Airport Taxis Available at set rates or metered fees. The trip to Toronto Metropolitan University may cost from $50.00 and up. Agree on a fare with your driver when you enter the taxi.
Toronto Metropolitan University has three parking facilities accessible to all community members based on hourly, daily and evening rates. Additional parking facilities are available based on permits, the rates and location of which can be found on the Permit Parking website.
Outside of Toronto Metropolitan University facilities, parking can be found using the search function on the Toronto Parking website.
The university is close, and so are your dreams coming true! To be one more step closer, take GrantMe’s free short quiz and see what scholarships work for you!
Join The GrantMe Program